How do I start to get help?
- Take the Quiz! This will help you determine your risk level for problem gambling.
- You can call, text, email or start an online chat with the Saskatchewan Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-800-306-6789.
- Crisis Gambling Counsellors will provide you with short term gambling counselling.
- Learn more about how a Gambling Counsellor can help you.
- Try the Self Help resources. Information can help guide healthy decisions related to gambling.
- Attend a Gamblers Anonymous Meeting. See Directory of Services for meeting times available in the province.
What to expect when you Call
- Confidential, compassionate, non-judgmental assistance.
- Professional staff who are experienced and ready to work with clients no matter their circumstance or time of day.
Helpline Services We Provide
- Provide immediate, short-term support to those dealing with the effects of a gambling problem (gambler, concerned family member, friend, employer, or professional).
- Respond immediately to a crisis situation, including thoughts of suicide.
- Assess your gambling or the gambling behavior of someone you are concerned about.
- Connect clients to appropriate, ongoing helping services.
- Give perspective to complex situations, offer objective assistance, and lay the groundwork for positive change.
- Offer encouragement to those that are reluctant to connect with ongoing issues, longer-term support.
- Act as a support to clients, who feel the urge to gamble or are experiencing ongoing issues, when other services may not be available.
- In a crisis situation, assist clients who do not speak English by accessing a translation service.
I’m Still Gambling, What Else Can I Do?
- Make an appointment with a trained gambling counsellor in your local health region.
See the Directory of Services to find a gambling counsellor near you.
- Try video counselling – it is available in more than 60 locations across the province.
- Attend a Day Treatment Program in Saskatoon or Regina.
- Attend a Gambler Anonymous meeting. Check out their website www.gamblersanonymoussaskatchewan.org for meetings times, events, testimonials and FAQ’s.
- The Saskatchewan Problem Gambling Helpline can support you while you are involved in ongoing counselling. We will help you with suicidal thoughts or urges to gamble 24 hrs.